Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Husband's Remix of Beyonce's Celebrity Nickname (mine wasn't mean enough)

From Fiance Knowles to...

Beyonce Trolls
     
 

I'm an oldskool Beyonce fan, and I enjoy listening to many of her old hits. I don't keep up with her songs much these days, but I am often exposed to her in general (superbowl half time show, xfinity ads for her documentary, etc). My spouse is very anti-Beyonce. I used to believe that he only made hateful comments regarding his lack of attraction to her for my benefit. At first, I thought he was just being sweet every time that he would express his disgust for her…you know, so as not to make me feel insecure. However, I had de-sensitized myself to partners in the past who commented openly on their attraction to other women (famous or not). Often times these women looked strikingly dissimilar to me, which planted seeds of insecurity within me.

By the time I married Seth, I was very secure with myself as an attractive woman. I would tell him over and over that he could admit if he considered a woman to be attractive...I trust him. However, he insists that he hates Beyonce, she can't sing, and he's unattracted to her because she has "tic tac, baby teeth". His consistent hatred of her over the years has me convinced that he's being honest. It's actually a little annoying to me because I can't enjoy any of her songs, movies, etc. without him commenting the entire time (negatively).

Her teeth are kind of small, but they look good to me...like tic tac baby teeth to Seth.
I look at this picture, and I see an attractive woman, so I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

span.widget-item-control{ display:none; }